The Catalyst is an elegant piece of brewing equipment through which we ve simplified the process of fermentation, making it easier than ever to brew great beer at home.
The Catalyst s tank is made from Tritan®, a medical-grade, BPA-free, polymer. This food-safe polymer is the highest quality used in a fermenter, providing the clarity of glass with the durability and convenience of plastic. This material acts as an excellent barrier against oxygen, making our tank 93% more scratch-resistant than other plastic fermenters. It is dishwasher safe and withstands temperatures of up to 230º Fahrenheit.
- Conical tank with 45 angle
- Silicone gasket with multi-surface contact to ensure a perfect seal
- 6.5 gallon capacity
- Includes a proprietary 3 butterfly valve. The largest in the industry.
- All steps in one vessel: Primary, Secondary, Harvest Yeast and Bottling
- Strong and durable stand, designed with I-Beam and honeycomb structure.
- Our Trub TrapTM is compatible with any wide mouth jar to eliminate transfers.
The Trub TrapTM consists of a 3 butterfly valve and is compatible with any wide mouth mason jar so you can remove kettle trub and fermentation trub, pitch a yeast starter, harvest yeast and bottle without disturbing or oxidizing that precious beer.
Kettle Trub (Pre-Fermentation)
Use a 24 oz. mason jar to catch trub, hops and other pre-fermentation sediment, then discard it by closing the valve and unscrewing the mason jar.
Yeast Starter & Primary
Use a 16 oz. mason jar as a yeast starter, attach and open the valve to pitch. Leave the jar attached to collect all of the primary fermentation trub.
Secondary & Yeast Harvesting
Use an 8 oz. mason jar during secondary to catch all of your viable yeast and refrigerate for later use.
- 6.5 Gallon Tank with Lid
- Stand (Base, 2 Legs, 2 Support Beams, 8 Screws)
- 3 Proprietary Butterfly Valve
- Bottling Attachment
- Transfer Tubing
- Tubing Clamp
- Rubber Stopper
- 16 Oz. Wide Mouth Mason Jar
- Allen Wrench