The HopRocket is an incredibly innovative hop infusing tool packed with world-class features! It can be used as a hopback, but it also doubles as an inline hop infuser (Randalizer) for your beer-dispensing system and, better yet, it triples as an inline filter! Definitely cool, consistently reliable and clearly Blichmann Engineering, the HopRocket will send your hop aroma into orbit!
Unlike our competitors' units, made from simple kitchenware fitted with a basic false bottom, the Blichmann Engineering HopRocket has been designed from the ground up for efficiency and versatility to be a purpose-built, heavy-duty hopback and hop infuser. This clean-slate approach is just our track record of providing premium performance and features.
- Pressure-tight - up to 40 psi operation!
- Holds up to 3 oz. of whole hops as a hopback and 4 oz. as an infuser - twice as much as the competition!
- 100% stainless construction and silicone seals
- No need to monitor wort level because the HopRocket will never overflow
- Fully enclosed system from brew kettle to fermentor means no volatile hop aromas are lost!
- Optional HopRocket Mounting kit to easily integrate your Hopback into your TopTier modular brewing stand
- Inlet at the bottom allows air to automatically purge to reduce hot-side aeration
- Fine filter with wiper seal sends very clear wort to your fermentor
- Coarse filter and cone bottom inlet prevents wort channeling and backup for even hop utilization
- Fill with up to 3 oz. of rice hulls to use as an inline filter
- Works on gravity systems and with pumps (about 4 feet or 1 meter of static head is recommended for best gravity performance)
- Doubles as an awesome hop infuser (Randalizer) for your draft dispensing system.
- New Draft Dispensing Kit it available for simple installation in your home draft system
- 1/2" NPT connections are easy to make connections a perfect match for our popular QuickConnector fittings (1/2" barb, 3/8" barb and 1/4" flare)
The HopRocket can be utilized as a general strainer/filter, but it is not intended to filter all the sediment and particles of your brew kettle when used as a hopback. The large quantities of pellet hops, trub, and other debris will eventually plug and compact the hop-bed, stopping flow. Installing a pre-filter in your pot is recommended to prevent excessive quantities of material from entering the hopback. That said, filling the HopRocket with rice hulls does greatly increase the filtering capability of the product.