The new and improved 55L FermZilla brought to you by the critical minds and engineers behind the original Fermentasaurus Gen 1. Although the original Fermentasaurus was revolutionary at the time of its conception, there's always room for improvement. This is partly due to the strong community of Fermentasaurus users who have helped push for an improved conical unitank.
The FermZilla is the perfect option for brewers that want all the advantages of a conical fermenter without the price tag of a full blown stainless steel unit. It allows you to dump trub, harvest yeast, and with the addition of the 55L FermZilla Pressure Kit (now available for pre-order), you can carbonate and serve – all in one vessel! The clear PET tank allows you to visually monitor fermenation activity and is pressure rated to 2.4 Bar (34.8 psi), which means you can ferment under pressure, reducing ester and fusel alcohols in your finished beer. This also gives you the ability to perform pressure transfers. If you prefer to move your finished beer to a keg or other vessel, you can do so with little to no oxygen exposure.
New and Improved:
1. Larger Dump Valve - 3" butterfly dump valve is more resistant to clogging from large amounts of trub
2. Larger Opening - 4.75" top port opening allows for easier cleaning
3. Less Headspace - more appropriately sized for 10-gallon batches. Purging the headspace of oxygen is easier and more effective.
- FermZilla 55L Tank with Butterfly Dump Valve
- Reinforced Stainless Steel Stand
- Top Lid with PRV (35 psi)
- 1000 ml Collection Container & Lid
- 3-Piece Airlock
- Graduation Sticker
- Adhesive Thermometer
- Strap Wrench
- Spare Seals
- 55 L (13.2 gal) Total Volume
- Pressure Rated to 2.4 Bar (34.8 psi)
- Temperature Rated to 122°F (high temp replacement tank coming soon!)
- Height in Stand - 40.1"
- Height w/ Airlock - 43.5"
- Tank Diameter - 13.9"
- Diameter in Stand - 15.7"
- Lid & Collection Container Ports - 28 mm PCO 1881 threads